Parafield Airport Limited encourages its aviation tenants to adopt a “Fly Friendly Program”. This program is voluntarily entered into by aviation tenants in order to reduce the impact of aircraft operations on the surrounding community.
The Fly Friendly Program is periodically reviewed by the Parafield Airport Technical Working Group. Please see our Community brochure for more details.
When safe to do so and/or under direction of Air Traffic Control, the main objectives of the Fly Friendly program are:
- climb to operating height as soon as possible;
- maintain operating height;
- reduce engine power as soon as possible;
- follow the promulgated flight paths;
- avoid residential areas if and where practicable;
- do not fly wide circuits—keep as narrow as possible; and
- utilise low-powered descent approaches from training area to reduce noise.